Home Players Matches Opponents Players List Search Records
Change:  Move to:
19.09.2009 @ 15:00 The Recreation Ground Crowd: 674
Grays Athletic 0 - 3 Altrincham
Referee: A Davies Conference National-Match

None Chris Denham (10)
Anwar Uddin (o.g) (62)
Chris Senior (65)
Starting Line-ups
Preston Edwards
Anwar Uddin
Gavin Hoyte
Cameron Mawer
Kenny Davis
Jack Obersteller
Craig Braham-Barrett
Glenn Poole
Paolo Vernazza
Daniel Charge
Charlie Taylor
Stuart Coburn
Shaun Densmore
Robbie Williams
James Smith
Matthew Doughty
Chris Denham
Anthony Danylyk
Tom Kearney
Nicky Clee
Dale Johnson
Chris Senior
Lee Butcher
George Beavan
Billy Crowther
Daryl Robson
Jack Jeffery
Russell Saunders
Rod Thornley
Danny Heffernan
Andrew Pearson
Tejal-Russ Thaker
Daryl Robson -> Jack Obersteller (46)
Jack Jeffery -> Daniel Charge (67)
Billy Crowther -> Charlie Taylor (79)
Danny Heffernan -> Nicky Clee (22)
Andrew Pearson -> Dale Johnson (43)
Tejal-Russ Thaker -> Andrew Pearson (78)
Yellow cards
Paolo Vernazza (53)
Daryl Robson (63)
Cameron Mawer (70)
Craig Braham-Barrett (89)
Andrew Pearson (48)
Red cards
None None
Match report |
Julian Dicks' first game in charge and perhaps the poorest Grays performances of the season. Dicks himself agreed, that the performance was below what he expects from his team and intends to make life tough on the training ground.

Altrincham started the better and having only scored once in there last four outings and struggling for any sort of form unexpectedly took the lead after 10 minutes. The move started on the left and when a low cross came into the box Rob Williams allowed the ball to run through him and Chris Denham turned and shot, beating the keeper Edwards at his left hand post and ending their 348 minute goal drought.

Danny Charge should have equalised on 35 mins when he was unmarked on the edge of the six yard box but his strike went high over much to the distress of him and his colleagues. The move started with a Kenny Davies shot from 20 yards out that was blocked by the Altrincham defence the ball went wide to the right where Charlie Taylor crossed into the box straight to the unmarked Charge.

Glenn Poole had a half chance towards the end of the half as Grays rallied to get even before the break but his shot was deflected away for a corner.

Grays started much brighter in the second half, manager Julian Dicks must have told them a few truths about the first half, but it didn’t last long and soon faded quickly when Altrincham struck twice in 3 minutes just after the hour.

Craig Braham-Barrett playing at left back in the second half attempted to make a run down the flank but he met his match against Chris Denham who took the ball and ran 40 yards to the edge of the Grays penalty area where he slightly miss hit his shot that deflected off Anwar Uddin and beat the stranded Edwards for goal number two.

Three minutes later again the Grays keeper had to retrieve the ball from his net for the third time this time it was Denham who supplied the cross for Chris Senior to tap into the net at the near post.

Heads went down and fitness seemed to be a problem with the Grays squad, but they held out till the referee finally called time, with Stevenage on Tuesday night manager Dicks has very little time to put things right.

Report by Michael Casey
Thanks to Your Thurrock for the match report