Home Players Matches Opponents Players List Search Records
Change:  Move to:
13.03.2004 @ 15:00 The Recreation Ground Crowd: 338
Grays Athletic 2 - 1 Aylesbury United
Referee: Isthmian League - Premier Division-Match

Lloyd Opara (72)
Dean Bradshaw (87)
Ryan Wiffin (65)
Starting Line-ups
Mel Capleton
Eddie Youds
Daniel Lunan
Steve Robinson
Joe Bruce
Ram Marwa
Wes Daly
Danny Hayzelden
Stuart Thurgood
Lloyd Opara
Ellis Remy
Jack Rashid
Ashley Hilton
John Winter
Daniel Gordon
Adam Garner
Matt Hayward
Matt Brandish
Alex Giscombe
Ryan Wiffin
Jamie Moss
Daniel Mead
Scott Barrett
Ade Olayinka
Martin Carthy
Dean Bradshaw
Freddy Eastwood
Lewis Pritchard
Alvin Bubb
Dean Powles
Danny Nicholls
Paul Curtis
Dean Bradshaw -> Ram Marwa
Freddy Eastwood -> Ellis Remy (60)
Dean Powles -> Matt Hayward
Alvin Bubb -> Adam Garner
Lewis Pritchard -> Adam Garner
Yellow cards
None None
Red cards
None None
Match report |

Grays sink Ducks

Blues boss Mark Stimson celebrated his 101st match in charge of Grays with a win over Ryman League Premier strugglers Aylesbury at The Rec on Saturday.

The 2-1 victory on an afternoon of both brilliant sunshine and driving rain should have been by a much bigger margin had Grays taken their chances.

But luck was not on their side as they hit the bar, post and struck wide against a troubled Ducks squad who attacked just twice in the first half and never in the second.

Despite this underwhelming record it was the visitors who went ahead when striker Ryan Wiffin scored against the run of play in the 53rd minute.

Blues spirit is sometimes at it’s best when coming from behind and their striking potential was boosted by the call-up for Freddie Eastwood who had watched the first half from the dug-out.

When Eastwood came on the Grays mood sharpened noticeably and just 20 minutes in Eastwood made the equaliser, pushing a well-weighted ball to Hayzelden whose footwork made for an easy slide in by the fast-improving Lloyd Opara.

Level pegging inspired Blues. Eastwood, Wes Daly and Martin Carthy all had chances but somehow failed to convert.

Finally, with less than five minutes to go, Dean Bradshaw – also on from the subs’ bench – clattered home the winner following a minor goalkeeping error.

Thanks to the Thurrock Gazette for the match report